Wednesday, August 8, 2012

august 7


Well it finally happened, I'm old. Ha. That, and Katy started her first year of preschool. THAT'S CRAZY, right? I mean wasn't it just yesterday she was Will's size? It's so cliché to say...but that went by way to fast!


I figured it would be a good practice to start off the day by having Katy write her name. Her "A's" are my absolute favorite part!


And just in case you were wondering....she still thinks I'm the funniest mom in town!


We went back to school shopping to pick up a few things. Are you sensing a theme here? She would not touch anything unless it had pink in it, on it, and all over it! For someone who grew up a total tom boy...I sure produced the girliest girl in the world!

Oh and Steve grabbed the pink polka dot back pack for like 3 bucks at the down east clearance center, go dad!


Again, I am the funniest mom in town.


Enough with the pictures there mom!


Ha ha still unpicking the embroidered name on the back pocket. I get so frustrated with that sometimes!


We had to get our "it's all about me" poster together for our first day. I wrote all of her answers down, just as she told me. And yes in the "I want to be a" section...that is, in fact, tire putter on-er (she thinks it's the coolest to go get the tires rotated)!

She asked me if I would assist her with her poster by coloring the dots and stars with various colors.


She wanted a picture with Chuck....


And Will...




She is going to a preschool about 5 minutes from our house. We are lucky to be able to go with some of our neighbors. When we got there, Bailey was there so we got some pics together.


Katy LOVES to hold hands, so she quickly grabbed Bailey's




I told her that her backpack and her dress matched. She quickly informed me that they both have polka dots, but that they are different colors of pink.



And we snapped this one with Embrie. Yup....gonna be a great year!

She came back from school and told me how much fun she had. She told me that they worked on lines and got to read a pop up book. We went and got some school supplies (for the art box, because they are such a great deal). We got her a binder, folder, notebooks, colored pencils, crayons, markers and scissors. She told me that she needed to work on her homework, and carried her binder all around and hasn't put it down.

She drew a bunch of pictures of everyone she knows. But the first person she drew was Mrs. Bre. She told me, "mom, Mrs. Bre is so special to me." I think it's going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Your kids are adorable! Seriously. I am dying that Katy is just 3. I feel like she is sooo much older. Can't believe her and Brigs will be in the same grade. CRAZY!

lisa winnett said...

I LOVE YOUR CHALK BOARD WALL! Katy is so darn cute.