Friday, August 3, 2012

BEST dad ever! June 17


I'm a total slacker because this post has been a long time coming....Father's Day!
How do you even write about a day like this when you have a dad like Steve?

I'll start by saying that Katy and Steve have a very special relationship. After we had Katy I worked part time. And because of the nature of Steve's job, he was able to stay home in the morning with her while I worked. The first day I went back Katy was 10 weeks old. Steve looked a bit terrified as I walked out the door. Lucky for Steve, Katy was probably the best baby anyone could ask for.

Over the next few years there relationship flourished. They would do everything together, including (some days) staying in their PJ's all day! Most days they were in their own world, but on a rare occasion I would get a frantic phone call from home about yogurt covered raisins getting stuck up small nostrils!

Since we've had Will I am a full time stay at home mom, a dream come true for me. And while staying home has been an easy transition for me, it's been an adjustment for Katy! She would cry everyday when Steve would go to work, saying that she was sad because she was going to miss him. As I said....they have a special relationship!

Our kids are SO lucky to be able to call Steve dad! And I am so lucky to be married to a man who magnifies his calling as a father. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with our kids, and I have Steve to thank every day for that!

We love you to Disneyland and back Steve!

No comments: