Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 2


My mom celebrated her big 60th birthday on the 3rd....because she was going out of town on her birthday we decided to have a BIG party to celebrate with her before she left. Ya know, send her off in style?!?

We were trying to decide something so super special to do for her. It's not every day that you turn 60! We thought of everything, but with it being the heart of summer...pretty much everyone was going out of town one week or another (except us!!! ha). We concluded that the best way (the way mom would appreciate the most) would be to have a "fancy" dinner and get her a special present.

I offered to host...because, here at the Beardshall house, we are the height of fancy! Not really, I just love a good party.

We had salad, and our famous yummy BBQ grilled pizzas. We also made some killer Italian sodas that were amazing! I was so busy getting the pizza's going that I didn't get a picture of the soda station. If you like that kind of thing you should totally give this recipe a try! AMAZING! I think the home made syrups made them so good. I tried to get all creative up in here and made some pineapple syrup with my extras...but I would stick to berries. The pineapple was not the best!


Katy and Chuck decided to take power naps before our guests arrived. She talked me into letting her wear her new school jeans and shoes. I'm a sucker!


No party is complete without some serious decorating! I know the tissue balls are a bit over done, but I still love them! And lately I'm kind of obsessed with these fringe banners!

Britney made the most delicious cake ever! Chocolate malt with toasted marshmallow frosting in the middle. It did not disappoint!

To keep to the "fancy" theme we got my mom a wallet/coin purse from Tiffany Co. It was a hit, she loved it!


All in all....I think the party was a success!

I'm very blessed to have a mom like I do. She means the world to me and my family! I love her more than words. I hope your 60th year is your best! Britney, Katie and I had a blast planning your party!
You are an incredible mother, I have an amazing example for my own children in you!


2 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Such a cute idea, I still need to try those pizzas. Yum! I love love LOVE your couch!!!

Alesha said...

Totally didn't know Brit had a baby! Fun. Love the party and decor! Good work!