Friday, March 26, 2010

Like a duck to water!

I am a HUGE fan of the pool, water, swimming...whatever form I can get it in really. I liked to think that I was a "good" swimmer (looking back I am a good swimmer, just not as good as I thought I was a a kid..ya know?) because I was a pieces. Even into my teenage years I would always be the one in the water and not laying out trying to catch the rays (Remember to always wear the sun screen kids!). Looking back on my experience with water I think that liking the water is something that you can learn for sure. But I think that others just have "it". The "it" I am referring to is your fondness for water.

I'm starting to think that Katy has "it". Wait! Back up here! Katy HATED the shower there for a while. Really she was mortified of it. I think it has a little something to do with the fact that she is a bit claustrophobic. Steve doesn't go for stuff like that,though, and kept throwing her in any way. Which paid off in the end because she loves that now too. In fact if you are not careful now a days she'll hop right in there with you!

So back to the swimming. I decided it was time to make a trip to the good old West Valley Fitness Center Pool. Katy was glad I made the executive decision because as you can see by the evidence she had a great time....

Exhibit A: The Waterfall. She loved that thing! I attribute this to Steve's persistency in the whole shower situation I mentioned above.

Exhibit B: Splashing in the water. I can't tell you how many times she kicked me trying to get away, to which she sunk like a dead fish (wait don't dead fish float?). But she just kept getting rescued and laughing. You'd think that this would worry her but she acted as if she could care less!

Exhibit C: The Rescue. Just as I had spoke of above...mom or dad was always there to rescue her.

And might I add that Steveo is looking like he is having quite a splendid time as well! For someone who was pulling out the "too cool" card. Our conversation?

Amy: "Steve, did you pack your swim suit?"

Steve: "No, I don't think I'll get in."

Amy: "I think it'll be fun...."

Steve: Makes a face at me.

Amy: "I'm packing it anyway because I think you'll want to come when you see all the fun that Katy and I are having."

Steve: Sign. "Fine."

Glad he listed to me! I think Katy is too!

7 comments:

T.Irwin said...

Amy! Katy couldn't be cuter! she is so cute! and her personality is so well captured in your pictures!
I love her expression in the first picture because it says SO MUCH about how much fun she is having.
I'm glad Steve got in the pool and played.

Wendy Olson said...

My brother couldn't possibly think he is "too cool" for anything! You must have the wrong person! By the way, I thought you should know that at the funeral steven only fed Katy cookies, smarties, and more cookies!!!!!:) And he let her eat the old cupcakes on someone's head stone at the cemetery! GROSS!!! Just kidding, he wouldn't let her eat those although she tried!

Nicole and Kevin said...

First: Those Cadbury Eggs are GROSS! I still can't get over that you ate a whole box and still like them :)

Second: Katy is ADORABLE!!! It feels like forever since I have seen her, and she has so much hair - I love it!

Third: I love the camera idea as a gift :) We may have to sign Oakley up for a photo shoot sometime soon, so you can test it out!

Last: Let's get together sometime soon - the Jazz game wasn't enough Amy time for me :)

Britney said...

I wanna go! Her suit is darling...

Britney said...

I wanna go! Her suit is darling...

Denice said...

I can't wait to get Eisley in a pool and see how she likes it! Love Katy's cute little swimming suit!!

McKell Callister said...

No lying, you have one of the cutest little girls ever! What a fun time swimming. My Owen loves to go, but he's not the daredevil that Katy is...maybe I'll have to try the shower thing. He actually hates the shower, but maybe I should be more persistent. I signed him up for swimming lessons this summer. Hope it's not a bust!