Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sundays

As it is a tradition for most, I'm sure, Katy and I make the trek to Roger and Joanne's on Sundays to enjoy dinner with them. This tradition started way before Katy was in the picture when we had moved in across the street (on a Saturday) and found ourselves without substance because we didn't make the time in all the chaos to go to the grocery store. The phone call went something like this..."Mom, it's Steve. Hey can we come over for lunch today? We can? Great...we'll see you for dinner as well!" As you can imagine it only took a few weeks of this before they stopped asking us to come over because we would happily show up on their doorstep uninvited!

We were worried that the tradition may be harder to keep when we moved to Riverton, but we have found that it's just as easy to hop in the car as it was to walk across the street. And things changed a bit again when Steve found himself working on Sunday afternoons. Now Katy and I make the trek every week.

All the same we SO look forward to our afternoon visits. And as much as the food is the best and greatest (probably because I am not the one cooking!), the company is probably the best part.

And as Katy has gotten older she has joined the ever long tradition of grandkids and trying to steal Grandpa's pens. For those of you that know anything about Roger, you will know that he MUST have a pocket on his shirts. If you can even believe it he has even managed to find T-Shirts with pockets...yes, they do exhist!

Here is a picture of her in action. As you can see she is really going for the pen! You can see the determination in her eyes!!!

Success!!! What you didn't see here is the pen going into her mouth!

And another favorite past time of Katy? Getting anyone that she can to read her a book!!! Probably best when you can get Grandma to do that for you, as you can see!

Thanks for one of our favorite traditions!!!

5 comments:

T.Irwin said...

Amy, these are fantastic pictures! I love the lighting and and angle...nice, nice, nice!

Ashley said...

ummm...i have NEVER cooked a sunday dinner since we've been married. We either eat at my parents or Jord's parents, i don't know what i'm going to do when it's my house my kids come to for dinner.
And second of all, i though i was the only person who likes those cadbury cream eggs. My family thinks i'm gross because they are my favorite things in the whole world...in fact i just picked some up at walmart this morning:) we have good taste

McKell Callister said...

That is a tradition at my parents' house, too! However, living in Cedar doesn't make it easy for us to attend the event in Lehi. I often call my family whilst they're all gathered, so I can feel like I'm a part of the occasion and am always a little jealous when I'm not there:)
You are lucky to live close to family!

Wendy Olson said...

Love the pictures! Aren't those the cutest grandprents!!!! I can't wait for you to use your new camera on my family!!!!!

Kerry said...

Pretty dang cute!