Saturday, March 20, 2010

My National Holiday

If you already didnt know we do it up big around here for your birthday....we actually like to refer to them as your national holiday!

Steve took me to Olive Garden (my favorite) and we went to Park City to bum around. I also went and got my pedicure that Steve gave me for Valentines! Steve really did make it such a great day.

But what is a birthday without presents? Ha, that sounds so selfish doesn't it? It is mostly what I am writing about today! I had a minor stroke yesterday because of the overload of excitement that was bestowed upon me....I had my second child yesterday: May I introduce you to her? Her name is Mark II
Isn't she beautiful!!!! I have been eyeing this little filly for over a year now. We have been saving for quite sometime and Steve thought it was only fitting that we make it happen in my National Holiday Month of March! Also this is a happy Easter, Mothers Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Arbor Day, Vetrains Day, Kwanza, Christmas, Thanksgiving, 24th of July (did I miss any?) for the next few years to come!

It also seems that my birthday month is always graced with a stellar workshop (Britney and I went to the NicoleV workshop last year). This year my sister Britney and I attended Photo Camp Utah, an all dayer held at the Miller SLCC campus in Sandy. I really had such a great time there today. There was some great review, and I learned a few new things as well. If nothing else it was a great excuse to get together with fellow photographers and admire what photography does for so many people! Cheesy I know! But it was a blast!!! Thanks for signing us up Brit!

PHOTOCAMP WOO

The money shot....Sorry Brit this is the best I got of you all day. And we didn't remember to take a pic together!!!! Lame!

3 comments:

Sarah and Brian said...

Ohhhhh Mr Schaaf is very jealous of your new baby!! What kind of lens do you have on that hum dinger?? Happy Birthday by the way!! I hope it was a great day!

Sarah

Britney said...

Yep, she's a butte! Love everything about your new baby. Sigh, someday right?

I had such a blast as well. Thanks for finally answering your phone and giving me the go ahead to get you a ticket as well.

Totally lame we didn't get any other pictures.

Kerry said...

Happy day, you deserve it!