Sunday, January 2, 2011

21 Day Challenge

I have been super inspired by some pretty great creative blogs lately. I have been particularly inspired by Rhonna Designs blog. She is SUPER creative and a part of House of 3, which is beyond amazing in regards to digital downloads and design for digital scrapbooking and such. Seeing that it's the first of the year and *gulp* new years resolutions are in full swing, let's join in shall we?

What is the 21 Day Challenge? They say that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. SO What do you want to change, what do you want to create, what do you want to make a habit? She has a super cute kit that you can purchase if you want to go all out and get really crafty.

You can find Day 1 link HERE
I am defiantly not claiming this as my own....it's fab though. I will be posting some snippets from her blog here to keep you motivated. I love that she has tons of quotes and inspirations from LDS general presidency members and authorities.

What are we going to change here? Well I know starting small is the key, but Steve says I am a wuss so I have a few things that I will be working on. I figure I can add some more in 21 days after we see how this experiment goes!

1) NO SODA POP: I always claim that I hate diet coke and that I don't drink pop too much but I do. I am totally claiming that this is Steve's fault *wink*. But I think that dang gross diet coke is growing on me. I think it would be realistic for me to give it up all together! Oh and I LOVE coke
2) FREE DAY TREATS: Ok so let's face it I have NO will power when it comes to treats. I fell like Buddy on Elf in regards to the 4 food groups....Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corns and Syrup! If there is sugar in it I LOVE it!!!! So to keep things in check I am going to have Sunday be my free day for treats. All things sugar are welcome on Sunday. I know that it's a day of rest but I am going to make it a full fledged working day when it comes to treats. Ok hopefully I don't eat a bag of cookies every Sunday......but I figure it's a place to start! At least I can't drive to the store and buy candy on Sunday, right?
3) DAILY SCRIPTURE STUDY: Let's be honest, or should I say let me be honest...this is something that I can always improve on. I am going to read at least 2 pages of scripture a night, should I feel inclined to read more I will. So since you can never read the Book of Mormon too many times, lets give that one a go again.

(Steve has some goals too.... write in your journal every day, and the push ups....here is a good link if you want to do the push up challenge)

Here is your inspiration to keep going this day one (from Rhonna's blog herself):
This is it!
day
no. ONE.

Take a deep breath.
Today is the day to:
ACT THE WAY YOU FEEL, FEEL THE WAY YOU ACT.

This means you need to:
envision how you want to feel on day 21.

act that way each day during your journey.


you will see the change.

So there is your motivation to get you going. Let's do it. My progress day one.....scripture reading was enlightening, no soda pop even though Steve bought a Pepsi Throwback that he still had in the fridge *YUM*, and I didn't eat a whole bag of cookies since it's my free day (smart to have my free day be the first day I started!), I did indulge myself in 3 squares (I've been known to eat a whole bar in one sitting!) of my FAVORITE chocolate.....Lindt dark chocolate with a hit of sea salt. Excuse me while I wipe my drool! Ouch, this challenge could be a tough one!

Good luck....anyone want to join me??? What are you going to change???

2 comments:

Luke and Marin said...

Way to go Amy! I'm going to change a few things... no treats for the entire month of January. I know it doesn't seem like that long, but I'm already dying! I don't think I could go without Dr. Pepper, that keeps be functioning through the day. I also need to work on scripture study. Thanks for motivating me girl!!!

Danielle said...

Good luck Amy! I once went for an entire January without treats. It was really hard but I did it! (And now am back to loving treats.) I found some great substitutes, though, like grilled pineapple... YUM!! And fruit, so it must be healthy.