Saturday, January 1, 2011

Merry Christmas


Christmas was a LOT of fun this year. Katy was way into everything....except SANTA! When I woke her up that morning I told her that Santa had come and left lots of presents, she wouldn't get out of bed. I finally had to tell her that Santa didn't come to convince her to come downstairs. Funny that I had to wake her up, wow she gets that from Steve for sure....I was always up at the crack of dawn!

Santa did not disappoint this year. She got books (above) thank you TJ max!

And her piggy bank. After Thanksgiving we thought it would be fun to ask her what she wanted for Christmas. She came back with "piggy bank"! What??? Not sure where that came from but it has been a great addition for sure. Lately she wants to stay in her PJs when it's time to get dressed, but when you tell her that you will give her a penny to feed "mamma pig" as she calls her, those PJs go flying! It's great!

Thought these princess dolls would be a hit, another black friday find, and they are but not as much as I had hoped. Maybe she'll get into them a bit more as the year progresses.

She had fun opening her stocking....


Her favorite gift was probably her last gift of play food. If anything she does cook for her dolls quite a bit. She is always making "soup".

Steve did a great job on my Christmas Eve jammies......Christmas Story! My favorite!!!! These were in the mens section and they are knit. I don't think knit is a good choice when it comes to men so I am going to support them!

I am lame and didn't take any pics at the Beardshalls but we headed over there in the morning to open more gifts...Joanne picked out some great shoes for Katy! Then we headed to moms house for Turkey Dinner. Brit and Brynn got her this cute outfit and mom got the girls matching fairy costumes! She even got some more shoes over there!

Britney brought Just Dance for them for Christmas and decided to bring it up to try it out. What a funny game. TJ did a great job!

Katy and Brynn had fun "dancing" too! After this if you can believe it we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Beardshalls for some more goodies and fun! It was a LONG day but SO much fun!

I am SO grateful for my knowledge of the Savior and for the sacrifices he made for us, and although it's really fun to get caught up in the glitz and glam of the season I am grateful that we can celebrate his birth! Merry Christmas!

No comments: