Saturday, January 1, 2011

Le Decor

I tried to keep the Christmas decorations simple this year. I kind of started from scratch in a way. We will need to add to them of course, but for now it was nice to have a easy clean up and Katy seemed to enjoy them. We got a new Christmas tree skirt from the Down East clearance center. It's beautiful and it matches our Pottery Barn stockings and it was 10$!!!! (sorry you can't see it so great in this pic)

We've always done the really big outdoor lights on the tree, with my fake popcorn string....this year I actually added some of my ornaments from growing up. Katy sure did enjoy that. Funny thing is that I didn't have many hooks so there is not a lot up there! We'll have to get some of those for next year.

We also, Katy and I, made some more tissue balls. Super easy and cheap and they are hanging in the basement storage now for next year. I really wanted to make a fabric pendant but I didn't make time, plus I thought I could snag some holiday fabric after Christmas for a good deal.

We hung our cards on the door and our stockings on the wall! Katy loved our stockings, we even got one for Chuck! Another Down East clearance center find. Pottery Barn for only 3$ each...I bet they are even on sale now too. I had to unpick the names (which was a total pain), and will have to do something to add ours...but for the money it's worth the effort!

The reindeer is extra....for someone someday, Santa is Steve's, the dog of course is Chucks, I actually got the ballerina (or sugar plum fairy as I like to call her) for Katy...but she insists that she is mine and has claimed the snow man for her own! These are seriously the cutest, funnest stockings ever....and are normally 15-20$ in the store. I am telling you, go get some! Lots of varieties to choose from.

We'll have to see what we end up adding to the mix next year!

1 comment:

Lance and Em said...

Got to La La Love the Down East Stockings... I still have mine from our shopping spree!