Wednesday, January 5, 2011

hair cut?

Katy's snowman makes me happy. His hair just keeps on growing, quite a lot actually! Do you think we should give him a hair cut???


day four.
How are you doing?
How are you feeling?
Are you still with us?

You may still be on fire. Feeling the JOY. Feeling the PEACE. Sprinkling MAGIC.
or
You may be struggling. Stop.
be patient. be calm.
imagine your best self.
follow your heart.
&
be you.

Be your best self.
Do what it takes to be your best YOU!
and...most importantly...be grateful for your strengths, blessings & your life.
You have been blessed with so many things. We all have.
& when we stop & have an attitude of gratitude.
it gives us HOPE.

How is Day 4 going for ya'll? I can't believe that it is only day four! Does it seem like it's been longer than that? Well we are still going strong. I actually went running last night and felt great. My knee is great. And I have to be honest it was very refreshing to just RUN and not have to worry about playing catch up on all those treats I ate during the day. I remember I basically ran so I could eat what I wanted (which was a lot crappier than I gave myself credit for), but it's nice to run just to run....and not for anything else!

Scripture reading is great and treats are ok. It will be interesting to see what my free day entails. Will I go NUTS or not? At this point I am just treating it as that, a free day. So I guess I can have whatever I want. I was informed that Smiths is carrying the carmel Cadbury eggs....which I don't love, but hey my other beauts are on the way!!!!

Oh and just in case you were wondering....we totally drove up and went to Smith and Edwards on New Years Eve. Since Steve picked up an alcohol shift that night at 10:00 and we couldn't go skiing we decided that this would be a good option!

It's a beautiful mix of the army navy store, DI, sportsman warehouse and a dollar store....ALL in one! I have heard rave reviews about their penny candy. I was not so impressed it was more like 10 cent candy, but hey it was my last ditch effort for treats so I got some bottlecaps....love those!

We ate a late lunch and didn't get home until about 8:00....so we ate dinner and hung out until Steve had to leave. Then Katy and I read a million books and sang about every song I could muster up. She then informed me that we needed to call everyone and wish them a happy new year...at 10:00pm! We had a great low key night. I bummed around on the computer and then watched Letters to Juliet. Cute chick flick....Steve would have HATED it. A bit cheesy in parts but very cute none the less!

So all in all a way laid back and kind of lazy night...sorry for "ditching" some of my buddies. I was not very organized this day because, as you can see, it was a bit of a random/fly by the seat of your pants kind of day! For sure I am IN next year!

Hope you had a great new years!

Oh and can I just end with the fact that I am getting pretty excited for VALENTINES DAY! My sister showed me this link for a homemade heart wreath!!!! Can't wait to make one!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you felt good running!! I miss going running with you. I wish you didn't work in the mornings. But maybe sometime I could go with you in the evening or on a Saturday morning. Good luck with your treats goal!

melynda said...

ok, you and your skinny little legs! you totally should go have a coke, and about 20 eggs right now!!

you are so not annoying. i actually cant remember how i ordered mine. but i know you can only get the longer ones online. the shorter ones and the valances are in the store. so measure, to see what you would like. and then check both because it could be on sale at one or the other. did that make any sense!! also, sorry i am totally rambling. i got a red and cream shower curtain that looks the same at smiths market place. and if they fit, it would totally work. just get rings or cute hooks. or even weave it on a smaller rod, it would be way cute.

Nicole and Kevin said...

Amy - you make me laugh, but I would hardly say you have a muffin top... you look dead sexy in those leggings and boots!!!

Can I come over and make that wreath with you? I think it is so cute, and I need Katy to entertain Oakley (I promise I will bring Oakley a Minnie Mouse doll this time :)

Britney said...

Seriously can't believe you made it all the way up to Smith and Edwards and didn't stop by. Boo!