Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crafty in the house!

So I have been dying to make this heart wreath since I saw the tutorial. So I decided that I would email some of my buddies and get together for a crafting day. My friend Sheena soon found out that you CANNOT find foam heart shaped wreaths anywhere. We searched for weeks and weeks and came up with nothing. So we had to forgo the craft day.

I wasn't about to give up though and keep searching. I seriously would have bought about 100 of these things for people I know that want to make them but I was only able to find 2 and I promised Sheena if I found one I'd buy it for her. So that is what I did and we made wreaths at her house last week. It was so SUPER easy, just a bit time consuming....but totally worth it! I love valentines day and we are set here with it hanging on our door! Steve even thought it was pretty cool (but not that cool, right? Ha)

Ha, my front door looks like we painted it "poop" color! For some reason I was having a hard time getting the colors to come out right in this pic!

5 comments:

Amber said...

So cute! I think I should be added to that group of friends for your craft get-togethers!

Stefanie said...

That is great! I wish I could make that. I am just not as crafty as I would love to be. Thanks for sharing.

Kerry said...

So pretty! I think the color of the door as it looks in this picture is 'Chelsey Gray' (as seen on HGTV) and it's gorgeous with the wreath!

Alesha said...

SO so cute! I want one!

Michelle Schmidt said...

Aim I am jealous that you found a hear wreath. I am one of those that has been to like 10 stores looking for this and they are gone! Way to go. I plan to make this for next year if I ever find the wreath :) Very cute, sorry we missed you too. Hope it was fun!