Monday, February 21, 2011

St. Valentines Day Massacre

Probably a morbid way to title my post, but I think it's kind of fitting in a way seeing this is what we did for Valentines. Our friends Jena and McKay asked us to go on a group date. They were shooting for the 19th which is when I had my machine quilting class (more later). They said they were still going to go but asked if we'd just like to go on a double date instead on the 12th. I figured it was a great excuse to get together with some friends and also take Steve shooting, which he loved. Actually Steve had just recently purchased his new gun. His Kimber 1911....um I don't really know a lot about guns but I have been told that this gun is kind of a big deal!!! Ha. He said it was a perfect excuse to get out and shoot it, and it was!

Wow, I am lookin' kind of pasty. Common summer, show me the sun!

If you can imagine when we got there Jena decided that it would be a really great idea to injure herself! Dang, those knuckle cuts are no good. They never heal because they are always opening up, ya know? We went to Lee Kay to shoot. The "range masters" (the people in charge out there to keep it safe) were kind of jerky but were actually really nice when I asked for a band-aid.

I personally think the blood fits right in out here. What do you think?

We were packing up to go and I was getting ready. Steve shouted up the stairs "where's the ammo?" because I had accidentally taken it out of the back of the Jeep when I was bringing in groceries the night before. I told him it was on the table and went about my business getting ready. I didn't think twice about it until we got all set up and realized that we had left the ammo on the table! Ha, we had to give Steve a hard time...but he went to Walmart down the street and got some more. It all worked out. One of the range masters asked why I wasn't shooting while he was gone and I explained that my husband had forgotten our ammo...he asked if he was a cop. I thought that was kind of a weird question until he explained that it happens all the time. I guess when Steve goes out there as a cop...there are not any rules and they get ammo. Funny!

We seriously had a blast. We went to lunch afterwards....I think at La Puente??? Whatever, it was yummy for sure! I'm glad that I got some more practice as well. I feel more and more comfortable with the "kick back" the more I shoot. I actually like revolvers best because I can see all the parts! And I figure I need to know how to use these things seeing we have them all over the house, locked of course! Oh and Steve informed me today that when he went to do a practice qualifier (which he has to do before he can carry his gun on duty...qualify), he shot an almost perfect score! I like to think it was thanks to Jena and I's awesome date planning! Thanks agin! Cant wait to go and shoot my white elephant present with you soon!

3 comments:

Britney said...

Ew with the blood Amy! ;)
Shooting is one of those things i've never done before.

Sheena said...

We want to go next time you do a shooting date! Then maybe I can learn how to shoot a hand gun seeing as how I have my Concealed permit!

Jena said...

LOVE this post! Thanks Amy, we had a blast with you guys :)

I can't wait to blow up that creepy present with you!


Love the BLOOD and LOVE the title!

haah