Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Would you guys please hurry up, I'm breaking like 30 major laws here"

I'm sure that we broke at least 30 major laws while on our annual GIRLS ONLY weekend to St. George. This year did not disappoint for sure!

Last year we left on Friday and I actually came home on Saturday. Also I got to bring Katy last year because Steve had to work. This year was SO hard to leave because I knew that I would be gone much longer and I wouldn't get to see them all weekend. We left on Thursday afternoon and didn't get back until Sunday. Steve and Katy had a fun time while I was gone too....because she got to see Tangled again. Steve tried to convince her that she needed to go see something else since we had already taken her to that one. NOPE she was set on Tangled. Oh and something that saved me was face time! I brought down the laptop and had some pretty great conversations with Katy and Steve. So that helped!

I knew that it was going to be a weekend of fun and relaxation....but mostly it was just a weekend of FUN! So I was pretty beat by the time we got home. If you can imagine it we actually had 19!!!!! girls this year. Jamie was so awesome and hooked us up with a family condo for cheap.

This is not even everyone! As you can see we know how to have a good time. Even though there were no kids with us...I guess you could say that we had 4 kids there since we had 4 pregos!!!!

I didn't really go down expecting anything as far as running goes....since my knee is just back on track. But I decided to go ahead and run the 5 K. Actually I opted to walk it with Sandi because she was the farthest along. Our friend Shannon came down so her husband could run. She had her two kids with her so she walked with Sandi and I decided to run with Nickie and Randi....we ended up walking a bit too. But I had a great time. It was nice to get out in the nice weather since it was 60 in the days! Jen just keep on running and met us at the end. This is our beautiful morning after run shot!!!

Pretty much everyone else (aside from the 5 that ran the half) went out to breakfast at the Bear Claw? I think that is what it was called. You can imagine that we were pretty hungry by lunch time since we didn't have a big breakfast so us "runners" went out to lunch. Afterwards Jamie, Emily and Mandy called us to come to Judds. A super cute drug store that has awesome old timey candy. We had to hit it up and we ended up staying there for like 3 HOURS!!! It was SO nice basking in the sun and chatting it up. We decided to go around and tell everyone how we met our husbands. It was hilarious! Good times for sure!

Here is a shot with me in it. Highly recommended for a good time to bask in the sun! So other than that we pretty much ATE the whole time! We went to the Parrot Head, Brick Oven, the Egg and I, Applebees, and Samurai 21 (kind of like Temanyaki)! We ATE a lot!!!! Luckily I was always able to find food buddy to split something with, otherwise I might have made myself sick!

Our last night we had the most hilarious night. We played TRUTH or DANCE catch phrase. If it landed on you you had to do a truth or dance! We even enjoyed a good face mask! As shown here by my lovely model Randi the mime!!!!

On Sunday we went to church at the most adorable ward. I am pretty sure that everyone there was at least 70! The new Relief Society was speaking and they kept talking about how they would try to have a good talk so none of the men would fall asleep! The back row was lined with walkers and as we were heading out they all made sure to let us know how great it was to see us there. So cute!

It was a great time. Thanks again Jamie for getting your condo for us! Until next year! Check out last years action here. Also I just want to give a shout out to Sheena for being the BEST bedroom buddy I could have asked for. She didn't hog all the covers and she didn't snore! I'll be your bedroom buddy anytime!

1 comment:

Randi said...

ha ha ha I just love you Amy! you're too fun!