Saturday, November 5, 2011

4 x 12//October 2011

October 2011.

I feel like fall is finally in the air. October has been filled with some pretty great things. We got to tell people we are having another baby, hang out with dad at work, go to Chuckie Cheeses to celebrate being fully potty trained, we went to Gardner Village, Wheeler Farm, get a new iPhone, do some fun Halloween/Fall projects, take some naps, carve a pumpkin, scoop some goo, go trick or treating with aunt Katy, and I have been trying to gear up for the holidays and Christmas (I'm crazy I know)! Like always we tried to make the most of things.

We are able to finally make it up to Silver Lake....we've been meaning to do that for a while. Since this weather has been totally crazy (and unusually warm) I wasn't thinking we'd need much more than a light jacket. Oops, there was a breeze so we made our stroll quick! We brought blankie along for added comfort! The colors were beautiful, but I was expecting more red, mostly it was yellows.

Katy sure has been making us laugh. She has taken a liking to calling me mother. She also is really into characters. She always tells me every day that we can be whatever character we want. She picks something else to be every day. Very random indeed. One day we are piggies, the next day we are ice cream cones....no idea where she comes up with this stuff! Oh and we have to address her as baby piggy (or whatever we are being that day), while she calls us mommy piggy or daddy piggy. She also whipped out the character stretches this month. I almost looks yoga moves...it is hilarious!
She is excited for the baby to say the least. Everything is centered around babies and how cute they all are. I tell her, when we brush her teeth, that we need to get rid of all the sugar bugs. She tells me that they are so cute and small and that they are happy when they get to go live in her toothbrush! We were out at the store the other day and she was putting her mouth on the shopping cart. I told her ewww! Don't do that there are germs on there. She asked again (for the millionth time what germs are), I told her that they are mean little guys we can't see that will make us sick. She proceeded to tell me that they are all cute little baby germs and how she loved them all! What? Where does she come up with this stuff? Makes me smile.

We head up to the lake after church on our way to the Beardshall's for Sunday dinner. We had stake conference so we took advantage of getting out early.

Katy was SO tired by the time we got up there, she was so snuggly!

But she is sure getting heavy! I had to make Steve carry her most of the time. She told us she was too tired to walk. Man we spoil her!

Here is to a great November!

No comments: