Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Halloween

Halloween never disappoints for sure. It's my favorite! Katy really did have a good time this year, aside from all the scary stuff! That is another story for sure. Let's just say I'm glad in a way it's all over too!

We opted to carve pumpkins on Friday night. We met Spencer and Jenny for dinner on Friday night. We had to get our pumpkins before we got there, yup we didn't get around to that until then! Katy had fun riding in the wheel barrow and picking out our pumpkins. She did a great job!

At first she thought the "goo" was gross but after a minute she realized it was fun! She had fun "scooping" with mom. Steve doesn't do goo. I'm happy to scoop all the goo to get our pumpkins carved! I made a silly face, Katy made Minnie Mouse and Steve did a Mac Apple!

Katy had a hard time deciding what she wanted to be this year. For months she wanted to be Aerial so we drove down to the Disney Store. The Aerial costume was SO stink in cute, but she was sure that she needed a costume with a tail. I searched and searched until we found this beaut. She was all for it and we were set for Halloween...until she informed me that she was not going to be Aerial! What?!?

She would change her mind every day and tell me things like...I'm going to be a monster, a farmer, an ice cream cone, a doctor, Minnie Mouse. I'm sure there were others but that is all I can remember for now. For our ward trunk or treat she opted to be Minnie Mouse (a costume we had, because that is what she was last year), so I was ok with that.

She surprised me when she decided to actually be Aerial on Halloween. She looked good and seemed to be pretty impressed with her red hair. Katie hooked us up and gave us some spray color the last time I got my hair cut. I wasn't sure if it would look good because it wasn't fire engine red, but it actually looked really good!

I know Steve is a scrooge about dressing up, and that usually doesn't discourage me from dressing up. But I was not feeling so great this year and opted to be lame and not really even get ready at all! We had Katie over for trick or treating and pizza. We had a great time!

We left a bucket of candy on our door step and all went trick or treating together. There was no game to keep Steve glued to the TV this year, so he joined us!

Our little neighborhood is perfect. It's basically one big loop. We hit up the outside, stopped and ate dinner, and went back and got the inner side of the loop. Katy got a TON of candy. We were even lucky enough to get a king sized candy bar! I helped with that one!

I saw this on pinterest but I but glow sticks and put them in jars of water. They were glowing ok and then Katie found that if you shook them up they really glowed good. But when I opened the door a few minutes later they were pretty much dead. So it was good for a bit of fun....but kind of more work that it was worth!

4 comments:

Luke and Marin said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! I love Katy's costume, she looks so cute!

Randi said...

loved the updates!

Alesha said...

Love Katy's red hair and ariel costume, too cute!

McKell Callister said...

Don't you love how kids like to change their minds at the last minute? We dealt with that last year, but thankfully we avoided it this year. What a cute little mermaid:)