Thursday, November 3, 2011

what to do

October was filled with some fun holiday crafts. I seriously LOVE Halloween...everything to do with it. Katy likes Halloween but none of the scary stuff (which is my favorite). We've had a rough month in regards to going to bed because she is scared of something different every night. Scary pumpkin faces, witches, bats. These are just a few of the things we've been dealing with.

I used to work with a friend that, no joke, had a fun Halloween activity planned every day in October. And although I would have loved to do that...who am I kidding, I was not that organized about the whole thing. We tried to do the 13 days of Halloween. We had a pretty good run, but I don't think we actually did an "activity" every single day.

We did have a great time with some of our crafts.

Case and point, the painted pumpkin.

Katy wanted JJ bear to help out.

She also requested a ghost and a bat...which I gladly helped with. This pumpkin pretty much was a hot mess of colors when we were all done!

We also opted to make some sugar cookies. I guess we are a family that is ok with cooking in our underwear. Katy was a great helper!

Wow the cookies I made were HUGE. Hey that is all the cookie cutters I had. Katy didn't mind though. There was more room to fit all that frosting and sprinkles on! I just missed her bending over and taking a big mouthful of frosting off the top. Don't you love the face..."what, I like frosting!" I think she get's that from her mother :)

2 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

She is seriously sooooo cute!!!

Alesha said...

How sad that she is scared every night. awe. Umm I totally need one of those cookies right now! It looks so good!