Thursday, November 24, 2011

Katy Remix 3rd Edition

I can't believe I'm actually posting on how my sweet newborn baby bundle has turned into one sassy 3 year old!

Little Miss 3 Year Old! I just LOVE her crazy hair. I opted not to fight about doing it and just go with it! Let's be honest I still don't know how to do girls hair still and Katy has the most beautiful hair around!

I guess they don't pop out as 3 year olds (thank goodness, I don't think any amount of my "old lady strength" could pop out a 3 year old), and changing from a 2 year old to a 3 year old doesn't happen over night. Everyone said that Katy's 2nd year would fall into the "terrible two's" category, and we've had our moments of drama...but I think the transition was pretty smooth. (Let me reiterate the point of "we've had our moments of drama", because we have!)

I've learned a few things as the owner of a 3 year old:
  • I've learned that potty training is not all it's cracked up to be, and that no amount of coaxing or bribing or talking about it will help you get there any faster. They will do it when they are ready. Katy is more stubborn than I give her credit for!
  • I've learned that I am still totally a pushover when it comes to disciplining, and that her "going to sleep problem" was probably partially caused by me hoping into her bed to lay with her at her cute little requests! Thank goodness Steve is around here!
  • I've learned that Katy is a SPONGE when it comes to information. She always asks me to clarify when I use a word she doesn't know the meaning of. The other day she asked me what ".com" means, what?!? Ha, can't wait to see what she comes up with this next year!
  • I've learned that even though Katy totally knows how to push my buttons, I love her more than imaginable! I'm going to soak up these years, who knows what her teenage years will bring (ahhh!)! In the words of Olivia's mom..."Katy you really wear me out, but I love you anyway!"
  • I've learned that Katy is going to be the best sister in the world. She is always talking about how she is going to share everything with the new baby (mind you, she is an only child and doesn't know the meaning of share!). She tells me that she is going to make the new baby so happy, but that she is not going to help change the poopy diapers! Oh man!
  • I've learned that Katy is just how I always imagined my kids would be....AWESOME! :)
Katy we love you more than words, and can't wait to see what this next year brings. Happy National Holiday!

Let's see how this past year went down:

November 2010. Popping balloons on her birthday.

December 2010. Getting her first hair cut with aunt Katie.

January 2011. Making suckers with aunt Britney. What a funny smile!

February 2011. Taking our Valentines Day pictures.

March 2011. Learning how to ride a bike.

April 2011. Taking pictures in the daffodils.

May 2011. Playing in the ocean for the first time. She LOVED the beach!
Photo taken by Tara Whitney

June 2011. Playing in the pool with Brynn up at Snowbird.

July 2011. Getting her face painted by Jenny at the Beardshall family reunion. So serious.

August 2011. Playing up in Park City.

September 2011. Gettin' dirty in Moab.

October 2011. Gettin' crafty with mom for Halloween.

November 2011. Livin' it up as only a party girl can!
Here's to working on your 4th year!
Check out our last remixes here and here.

3 comments:

Alesha said...

She is seriously such a pretty little girl. I love the things that come out of kids mouth that I am sure I had no idea about as a little one...(.com) lol

Angela said...

cute! cute! she really is so adorable! funny, I have the same pics of Jenny painting my kids faces too this summer! lol! congrats on the new pregnancy...so exciting!

Anonymous said...

cute