Sunday, November 27, 2011

Party Time Excellent!

Another year gone by and another national holiday celebrated! Katy had a great birthday. It was on Thursday this year.

She has an account at America First Credit Union, they mailed her a post card wishing her a happy birthday and giving her a free kids meal from Chick-fil-a. We told her we could go there for her birthday. So that is what we did. We opened presents earlier of course. She was so happy it was her birthday. She kept saying things all day like "I love you mom" or "this is the best birthday ever!!!" She knows how to make you feel good!

A few months leading up to her birthday we kept asking her what she wanted to ask for. She would name things but then add that she wanted them for Christmas. We had to remind her several times that she gets presents for her birthday too!

She really wanted a friend party, but I am going to try to hold off until she is 5. I may have to do one next year, we'll see. We opted for a little family party with grandparents and such instead. I told her we could have a rainbow party. She was excited about that idea.

Katy helped me make a wedding cake...I mean a birthday cake! Ha, this thing was huge! She just kept saying, that is a humongous cake mom! I had her help me frost the layers. We put chocolate frosting in the middle. I didn't notice but we didn't get them all on quite straight and the cake was a little crooked. *Note to self, make sure they are straight next time. I think that will make it much easier to frost the outside!* I couldn't find a cake stand I liked that wasn't a fortune so I opted to make this one out of a Michaels 40% coupon candle holder and a DI dollar plate. The plate was already blue so I only spray painted the bottom. Technically you can't actually place food on it if you spray paint the surface. I worked out nice I can still use the plate with no problems.

It was pretty delicious! We were all laughing when we cut the cake we had to cut the slices in half so everyone only had 3 layers...otherwise we'd not have been able to finish the piece!

No national holiday celebration would be complete without decorations. Katy is still a bit leery when it comes to balloons (I'm trying folks!), but she was ok with these ones for the most part. I was blowing them up the night before her birthday. I had to make Chuck go into the basement he was having a break down trying to eat all of them. Colt was at work with Steve, but I can imagine he would not have been that annoying!

Katy thought it was cool when she woke up, she said the Birthday Monsters (a Sandra Boynton book) had come to decorate! It was pretty cute...even thought it took me a gaul darn hour to put them all up :) I figured I could share the credit with the monsters, seeing that they did a fabulous job!

More colors!

Her new "cheese face" is so funny to me. I tell you what I have never told her to say cheese, but for some reason kids pick up on that stuff. She is hilarious!

She thought blowing out her candles was pretty awesome. She almost got them all by herself!

One happy birthday girl. Thank you so much for mom, Katie, Roger, Joanne, RaNae and Ken for coming over to celebrate with us! We had a blast with you!

Happy Birthday Katy, you are wonderful!

6 comments:

Britney said...

How cute! The cake, flags and stand turned out great, love all the colors in the cake. It IS huge! The streamers and balloons looks great as well. I see you made some pillows out of that cheveron fabric I gave you! I don't think I saw those last time?
Happy Birthday to my favorite niece Katy!!!

Mandy said...

So cute! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday

melynda said...

oh my gosh she is so cute. i love that rainbow cake, and all the decor. you are an awesome mom, she is one lucky girly!!

Nicole and Kevin said...

The party turned out so cute! I am super impressed with the cake.

Happy Birthday Katy!!! These last three years sure have gone by FAST!

Luke and Marin said...

Happy Birthday Katy!! Amy, that cake is amazing! Glad to hear she had a great day!!

Eardley Fam said...

Amy what a darling birthday!!! LOVE everything! That cake stand sure is cute too! You are such a great mom and Katy is just adorable.