Thursday, August 16, 2007

.malad pad.


Malad Pad can pretty much sum up this trip, seeing that we went to Malad, ID. That is the name that we finally ended up calling it. Who knew you could have so much fun in the middle of no where! This is one of Jon’s family’s cabins. The invited us up for the Easter weekend. This wasn’t necessarily a last minute trip, but kind of. Also you never know where you are going to end up with Jon and Michelle. Before we even headed up the canyon we ended up at the Kmart at the mouth of Parleys canyon. I don’t really even know why we went there, but we ended up coming out of there with two air rifles. Michelle and I lost them in the store and found them in the sporting goods section with their guns. Some how they talked us into it.
When we got there it was pretty late so we went to bed. When we got up we decided it would be a good idea to try out the guns so we hiked the hill and went to town. When we got sick of that we decided that a drive and a picnic was a good idea. I don’t even know where we ended up but it was a good time. When we got home we built a jump for the 4 Wheeler. Seeing that Michelle was pregnant she decided to sit this one out, and seeing that I had a bad experience last time on the 4 Wheeler I sat this one out as well! That night we got the guns out again and decided that we needed a real target; this is where One Eyed Willie comes into the picture. We shot him from the back deck; I like to think that I had the best shot. Probably not though.
In the morning we packed up and left. Seeing that it was Sunday we wanted to get back in time for church. When we were leaving we saw Peter Cotton Tail. How fitting for Easter. Thanks for the good time Jon and Michelle. I also have to note that Michelle was such a trooper, and has been the whole time she was pregnant, I never heard her complain once!





Somehow Jon always manages to steal my camera and take really awkward pictures of every one. Michelle, don't worry I didn't post your pics!



Jon was a good sport to wear my pink helmet!



One eyed Willie!




Peter Cotton Tail

1 comment:

Britney said...

What a fun trip, beautiful scenery! Those bunnies are so cute, reminds me of Bailey...remember her?