Friday, August 17, 2007

.red cross disaster.


This actually happened a while ago but I thought you might enjoy this little story. I emailed Britney and she said that is would be great to add to the blog. Here you go....Steve decided that we needed to go and save the world this weekend and signed us up for the ward blood drive. The last time that I donated was when I was a senior in High School. Actually I got a letter back saying that I cannot donate any more, Steve didn't believe me. I guess my blood shows up positive for Hepatitis C but I don't have it but for some reason will always show up in my results. Who knows I thought I would try again just to see!

Any who I hate needles as you know but bucked up and that part went fine. It did make me feel weird that I could of feel the needle in my arm, which freaks me out. Not a problem because I am a tough chick.

Steve and I headed over to get a snack. I grabbed an orange juice and felt not so well. I asked Steve to open it up and told him "i think im going to pass out" The next thing i knew everyone was standing over me and I was soaked with sweat! Good thing I was wearing a dress so everyone could see everything....my legs were a bit hairy by the way too, which i would not have seen to be a problem if you were looking from a distance but of course they had to raise my legs. Poor nurses! Meanwhile Steve is laughing at me. I kept saying that "when I opened my eyes and saw everyone".... Steve said that my eyes never closed! Creepy! He said after i said that i was going to pass out I looked forward and my eyes got real big. Then he said that it seemed that I was having a small seizure because my lower jaw was opening and closing really fast. Which he said was kind of scary but when he knew I was fine he thought it was okay to laugh! Nice!

Well I was on the gym floor for about a half hour when I decided that I was feeling great and that we could go. It was then that I passed out again, this time they moved me over to the bed at least...hairy legs and all! By this point I felt like I was going to throw up, all the time covered with sweat again! We got there at 4:30, took less than 10 minutes to donate, and yet we left about 7:00 or so! Crazy!!! I will be really sad if they come back and say that they cant use my blood. The nurse was really concerned that I wasn't feeling better yet. She said that usually if its a half hour that i need to go to the hospital. She asked me if I was pregnant by chance. I said that I was actually on the last legs of my period. "That makes sense!!!!" she shouted and said that I was probably having a hard time since I was "donating" all week! I was free to go once the room stopped spining and I didnt feel like I was going to throw up, poor Steve....Hey I figured it was his fault since he signed me up right?

1 comment:

Britney said...

This story is the best...thanks for sharing!