Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday Fun

I invited myself up to my sisters house, how nice am I? Her best friends Denise and Lisa were coming over to hang out and take some one year pics of Eisley. Pictures you say....can I come?!? What you may not realize is that these gals have all been best friends since Jr. High School. I guess in a way they feel more like sisters.

We had a blast and I was quite literally there all day! Thanks Brit for saying that it was fine and that you were happy I was there. I was kind of sick of me by the end of the day!

Steve is so funny. When he asked what we did my response was "hung out". He didn't quite understand how I could hang out all day doing "nothing".

I figured as long as we were up there we might as well take some pics of Katy too, she is about to turn 18 months. After everyone had gone home for the night and we ate dinner Brit and I toted our kids (Brynn and Katy) all over her yard, neighbors yard, street....she has all kinds of great places right in her backyard.

The funny thing is that the outfit Katy is wearing is totally by accident. I had bought the dress at Target the other week, the sweater is from Roger and Joanne for Christmas, and the cute flower is one that Britney made for me! I was so supprised that they all went together so well. It almost looks like you took the flower in her hair right off her sweater!

It was SO nice to have someone else there distracting Katy. I guess you are not as prone to getting the looking right into the camera shots, but I kind of like the more candid moments of fun anyway!

We thought it would be fun to have the kids blow some dandilions. Brynn was first. Katy was so interested in blowing those things, she was quite upset when she had to wait her turn. So when it was you can imagine her excitement.

Almost ready.....just about there.....let me change this setting......
Then.....

She popped that whole thing in her mouth and I wasn't ready!!!! This was the after math of the whole situation. First it was in the mouth....
Then it was getting in the eyes!

Then the chocking began....so I took a picture of that!

Then the smiles came. Well, after we got most of it out of her mouth. I guess she doesn't quite get the concept of the blowing of the dandilions!

Even though the lighting is not the best in this pic....I love this smile!!!

We were even able to get some cute smiles at this place. A rutty old barn, if you could call it that, complete with beer bottles inside. I guess the people in Perry, UT know how to have a "good" time....if that's what you call it!!!!

Katy also got to jump on the trampoline with Brynn and Izzy. She was having a hard time staying up, although she was laughing most of the time.

And that hair of her's was OUT OF CONTROL! What's a girl to do?

After a while it was almost as if she had given up!!! Ha

Here are my favorites from Eisley's shoot....

"Are you sure I can eat this whole thing?"

"Seriously, we're done?"
You can check out the rest of the pics HERE

8 comments:

McKell Callister said...

So how do you decide which pictures to hang on your walls? If you used ALL the cute ones, you'd be out of room!

Heidi said...

So cute!!! Love the barn one! When can we do Brynne smashing a cake? I'm pretty excited about that one!

Britney said...

That gagging picture of Katy is makes me pee my pants!!! ha ha! I can see it in my mind, dang neither of us were ready.

Thanks for coming up! :)

Amy said...

So cute! Love the picture after eating the dandelion. Addy has done that as well- she now has moved on to rocks and dirt, fun times.

lisa winnett said...

Oh Katy is so cute! I love the pictures, you are so talented. It was so fun to see you, you are always welcome to come hang out with us.
- Lisa

Denice said...

I can just hear the gagging sounds poor Katy must have been making..so sad but SO cute at the same time! I LOVE the barn picture..my favorite. The outfit looks SUPER cute!!! Thanks SO much for posting the cute pictures you got..I left a comment on your photo blog too. You girls sure are talented!!!

Nicole and Kevin said...

I LOVE the barn picture!!! Every time you post pictures I keep thinking you are getting better and better - even when I didn't think you could get any better :) I am very impressed, and am thinking Oakley needs some new pictures!

Kerry said...

These are darling Amy! I love my Mother's Day picture of Katy! Thanks so much