Saturday, May 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I've said it before but if you ever come to our house and we aren't home and you're not sure where we're at....check in MOAB! We love the place. Steve paticularly loves to go Jeeping. I find my love on the trails of Arches hiking.

We camped a ton there when I was little so I figured that Katy will grow to love it too because we go there so much.

We decided that it was too cold to camp this soon in the year (people we are old school with the tent and everything!) so we opted to stay in a suite....at Motel 6. It was pretty grose in fact. Plus I am such a freak about hotel rooms to the point of driving the germ-a-phobe Steve nuts! I worked up at Snowbird when I was a teenager and was horrified to learn that they only wash the bedspreads and blankets twice a year! Yup, and that's a 5 star resort. I can only imagine that Motel 6 does it once a year if that (sorry Motel 6).

Picture us getting in our room to unload our stuff and Katy goes running for the phone. Can you imagine my discust when she picks the thing up and says "Hi Daddy!" (I guess she talks to Steve more on the phone?) I swear I watched a Dateline, my favorite, onetime and they swabbed all over a motel and had found fecal matter on the phone! Yes, POOP on the phone! I guess the maid had used the same rag to clean the bathroom as she did to clean the phone. And yes, I am picturing exactly this as she is breathing and touching all over the phone!

But hey we are not going to spend much time in the room right? So we were off.....

We walked around down town to check out the sites. We also stopped at the T-Shirt shop. It's kind of a tradition to get a shirt made with the same quality machines that did it for us in the 80's. You pick out your design and they have one of those huge iron presses...do you remember those things? Well keeping with tradition we got Katy a shirt that says "Silly Boys Jeeps are for Girls!" Start em young! It's kind of a weird design but it's really cute when you ask Katy where her jeep is she points to her shirt and says Jee, Eep, or Jeeeep!


Later we decided to go on a trail that we went on with Roger and Joanne a few years ago. Then we actually took it back from Dead Horse Point, so we thought it would be fun to take it there this time. I can't believe that Katy can sleep in such conditions but she slept for a while. When she was awake she was laughing her head off in the back!

Steve has decided that the Jeep needs a name. We both thought that "The Pickle" is pretty appropriate. What do you think though? Any better ideas?

Checkin' out Dead Horse Point...

We went at sunset, which was perfect. I think if we would have even gotten there a half hour earlier it would have been even better.

Checkin' out the trail with mom....

What a beautiful site.....Steve I mean!

My goodness! Perhaps I have two kids....maybe that is why I am not quite ready for another right now!

I always laugh at myself when I have jumping pictures. Somehow I can't get that really great jump, you know the one I'm talking about. It's funny I think about that I guess because when do you really take jumping pictures? These are the things that I think about.....Ha!

Katy thought it was funny when I hid behind the rocks and scared her....

So we decided we would try the same approach for a pic with mom and dad. I think it worked!

Katy is so cute but she is getting to the point that she's too smart for her own good. She knows that when she goes to bed that we still stay up and play. This was a challenge seeing that we only had one room and we were all sharing. That girl would not go to bed. She flat out refused! So instead of having her scream her head off and bug the neighbors we let her stay in bed with us until she fell asleep which was around midnight or later, at which time she was transfered back to the pack and play.

You can imagine that this made for more difficult days because she was tired and ornery! We thought it would be a good idea to take her to the Window's section of Arches to let her walk around. We helped her up the first part because there was a lot of stairs. This is the point where Katy completely LOST it! She didn't want help. She is in a weird stage where we are still trying to figure out when and how to discipline her. Steve decided that she could get down when she stopped crying, which she didn't understand. So here we are in one of the most beautiful places that people around us have traveled half a world to see and Katy is ruining it with her hair raising screams! We decided it was time to go back to the car (if only I had a picture!). At which time we decided to save a night's worth of money from the Motel 6. We headed back packed up, came home, put Katy to bed at 8:00 (slept like a baby!) and watched the Jazz game.

I'm sad we had to cut the trip short but it was nice having Steve home for the weekend. We made the most of it, and the good times there were worth it! Maybe next time! We LOVE Moab!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Great pictures,looks like fun for all! Dead Horse Point is beautiful!

Nicole and Kevin said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I totally understand what you mean about this age being a weird stage. Oakley is the same way, she doesn't really understand when we try to discipline her, yet she know exactly what she wants. It has been one of the funnest stages, but one of the hardest stages as well :)

P.S. Love the bath pictures - so cute!

Britney said...

It sooo hard to choose, but I think I love that last picture best!

I *big puffy heart* Moab too!

holly said...

Great pics A! Love

Alesha said...

I love Moab too! It has been way too long since I have been there! I cant believe Katy could sleep in the jeep! She must have been WORN OUT!