Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mickey Mouse Party!!!

When you talk to your kid about their birthday and about how you are going to have a party and they tell you "Mickey Mouse Party!" that is what you do....have a Mickey Mouse party. Ha, pretty much the extent of our party included Katy getting back into her Minnie Mouse costume from Halloween and making a cake!

Not too shabby for someone who has no idea what they are doing! A little cross-eyed...maybe the ears are a bit big? But I think overall I avoided the cake wrecks website this time....whew!

My friend Nicole and I were going to make cakes together this year, because our daughters are only one week apart. It ended up not working out and I had to go it solo. I kept texting Steve pictures to make sure I was getting it all right! Steve is the Mickey Mouse expert around here. I can draw Yo Gabba Gabba characters all day long but Steve is usually the one who does the Mickeys! Oh and Steve baked the cakes. I guess you can say it was a "Team Beardshall" effort!

We had a "Grandparents" party....and had Mom, Katie and Zach, Roger and Joanne, and RaNae and Ken. Oh and Gus decided to join in on the festivities too!

I LOVE Birthdays so of course had to whip out my probably 2 year old sparkers I used on Steve one year. Katy didn't quite know what to think!

She did think it tasted good though!

She made everyone feel SO good about there presents. Every present was SO cool to her. She made us all laugh when she opened my last year black friday find....a dress up box that only cost me 8$! She promptly got out of her Minnie Mouse costume and into her various princess outfits.

I have to laugh because Katy gives me a run for my money. She is a girly girl for sure. I would have never wanted a princess dress up box! Not sure where she gets that from? :)

She was changing every chance she got!

We ended up watching the Jazz game while everyone was over. Katy watched her favorite Max and Ruby DVDs. Mom got another one to add to her collection! Oh and she changed again!

Thanks again to everyone who came! She is still talking about it so I think it was a success! Happy 2nd Birthday Katy!

5 comments:

Alesha said...

I think your cake turned out adorable! That website is hysterical. I think Koen's Spiderman should be on there, my worst yet. Sad.

Kerry said...

That was a really fun party! Katy is the funniest kid and makes me laugh so much. She was hysterical with her princess shoes!!

The Hardy's said...

Great job on the cake and I totally love your National Holiday celebrations! Happy Birthday Katy!

Ken and Jos said...

Good job on that cake - I'm impressed. It's really cute. Also, that is super funny Katy is a girly-girly. I have a feeling if I have a girl it'll be the same way because I'm DEFINATELY not. ;-)

Britney said...

Your cake is darling!!! Great job! Happy Birthday Katy!