Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Time!

Ha, seriously this is the best picture I got of the night. For whatever reason I always seem to get caught up in the moments of the holidays and not take out the camera. Weird.

Anywho, this is the best shot I got of the kidos in their Christmas PJs that Roger and Joanne always give them on Thanksgiving. As you can see Katy is pretty excited about them.

It was our year to go to the Beardshall side. And let me tell you that it did not disappoint. Joanne made her famous stuffing....my favorite! And who likes that stuff? I was not a fan until I partook of this goodness! We had potatoes galore! And we also had another famous tradition, RaNae's chocolate pies! I only wish I had room for two slices, by then I was too full!

The pie is on the counter and Katy has her eye on it! Delicious!

On Friday morning I got my BLACK FRIDAY on and hit up the stores. I did not see anything that was just screaming my name so I opted to go to Target and get Katy the Disney princess dolls collection. I was out of there by about 4:45 and then headed to KMart. This place was a ghost town compaired....so nice. I got some Christmas lights. Afterwards I headed home to go back to bed. (Mom spent her Thanksgiving with Britney and her family so I had to go alone this year...sniff, sniff! Ha, next year!) When I got up Katy and I had breakfast and got ready to go to the WVC Christmas Parade. Steve was the headliner this year!

As you can see above, Katy was pretty excited about the whole thing! I guess this parade is held every year. They seem to have a good turnout and it's the parade to bring Santa to the mall for the season. There are a lot of local floats and advertising. There was a lot of little dance companies that marched in the parade. It was cute to see the little kids dancing down the road. Katy thought Steve was pretty great and also enjoyed the fire truck honking it's horn!

Frito Lay is based out of West Valley here in Utah so they had a big truck that they drove down the street throwing out chips. Of course Chester Cheeto was there too. Do you think Katy liked seeing him? NO! She almost cried when he came up and patted her on the head...."No way!" She was happy to get some chips though. Ok I had to laugh because they would open a flat of chips, like the ones you can buy at Costco with the little baggies, throw a few then drop the box on the ground. They dropped one right at my feet. I didn't think twice about it and grabbed 3 bags. One for me, Katy and Steve. I think in my mind I was thinking that I would leave the rest so others could share them too. It wasn't until people were grabbing the flats of chips as if they had gone mad! It was like I was back at Target! I saw a guy walking back to his car with like 4 of these things stacked up....he was having a hard time seeing over it! SERIOUSLY??? Only in West Valley I guess. What happened to the spirit of giving and Christmas? It made me laugh none the less.

Oh yeah....this is what Steve got to ride on! Too cool right? Let's just say that he was super cold afterwards.

We headed down to Gateway after and hit up the Build-A-Bear for there 5$ special....Buddy the Moose. Well that is what Katy calls him. She thinks he is the coolest, mostly because his lights on his antlers light up! We also got some sweatshirts. I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!


HA, my Christmas "lights" I was talking about! I can't help myself.....I'm married to a COP!
MERRY START OF YOUR CHRISTMAS SEASON!

5 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Awww, makes me miss all those Thanksgivings when we were growing up. I loved the stuffing and chocolate pies! Way cool ride for Officer Steve.

Nicole and Kevin said...

That is so cool Steve got to be in the parade!!!

Katy's cake turned out super CUTE - love it! I am bummed that we didn't get to get together - next year for sure!

I loved what you posted about being a mom for the past two years, it is all so true. I can't believe how fast time goes by once you add a little one to your life. Happy Birthday Katy!!!

Heidi said...

The build-a-bear thing is awesome!

Ashley said...

i can't believe you don't love stuffing! my mom has always made the best homemade stuffing! way better than stovetop.
and i don't know how i feel about the santa pig....:)

melynda said...

btw, i love the pig. too funny.

when is the half you are running in st. george? did you sign up yet. can you just send me a list of all the ones you are running in 2011!!

adam and i are signed up for the scofield triathlon, you should join us. you would love it.