Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Forrest Gumping.....

I just felt like running.....

Wise words from mister Gump. And it was a great day to run.....October 30th. I was defiantly feelin' it later though when Katy pooped out and I had to carry her trick or treating! So I actually semi trained for this race (I feel like I haven't really fully trained for anything that I ran this year), and I could tell. I was feeling great.

Of course my running buddy Nicole and I decided to make this our 4th race together this year and we had a good time of course. We had to beat our Ogden time of 2:20...and I am happy to post that we finished this race in 2:09! Not too shabby.

Let me tell you though......although the costumes were SO funny to see (and it was too cold for any of the ladies to dress too scandly....a big pet peve of mine! Hey what kind of animal ears can I wear with my underwear?!? You know what I'm talking about!), I don't think I'll be running this race again. Unless, of course I do some serious downhill training. Nicole and I ran the Provo River Half and I felt really great after that one. Not sore at all. NOT the case this time. I am still nursing my hammered knees. This thing took us up past Sundance and was STRAIGHT down!

According to my Runner's World Complete Book of Running I may be suffering from runners knee: "pain all around and under the kneecap, and stiffness of the knee joint. In severe cases, flexing the knee may produce a painful grinding sensation. Runner's knee results from running too much or too hard, too soon. If you can run through this injury, avoid downhills...." Okay I am almost sure that it was not caused from running too hard or too fast too soon, but because of those cursed downhills! The ironic thing is that I was lovin that steep incline for those first about 4-5 miles but I sure paid the price later!!!!

(Aubry's mom...forgot her name again! (so cute though), Randi, Danielle, Aubry, me and Nicole)

Note to self and lesson learned: DONT run this race unless you have trained extensively on downhill running!!!!!! Again TRAIN HARD on downhill running!

Oh and my favorite costume I saw was a Reno 911 cop. I've only seen clips (thanks to Steve) so I don't know any of the characters names but that one made me laugh out loud! Short shorts = major chafing in the name of a laugh so good job.

Oh oh and, Nicole....I LOVE YOU. Thanks for being my best running buddy even though we live so far away. And thanks to my awesome neighbors Aubry and Danielle (who have been running with me at 5:30 in the mornings) and to my friend Randi who is a running inspiration! Ha

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I'm so proud of you girls...that is so freaking awesome!!! That is a fast half marathon time....Seriously you girls are amazing. I just love you to death!

Ellingson's said...

good good times! I really liked that run! And thanks for running with me sooo frieking early!