Thursday, March 31, 2011

3 X 12//March 2011

March 2011.

Wow did March FLY by for anyone else? Also, not such a fan of it coming in like a lion! But have been LOVING today going out like a lamb! Don't you just love the white trash shot of us in the Jeep all blown out! I love it! Nothing like waiting for the last day, oh and Chuck was going to join us for the picture but was being too bad trying to chase the bubbles we were blowing. We'll catch him next month!

I think March is pretty much the best month ever because it's my national holiday month. Wow, I'm getting up there in the years...right? Ahhh!

We had a lot to to this month. My nephew TJ got baptized. It's kind of crazy to think that Steve and I met 8 years ago a few days before his birthday in Feb. I guess TJ will always be a good timeline for us to keep track of that. It was Grandpa Beardshall's birthday, my birthday, St. Patricks day, Rob's birthday, we went skiing, we painted our nails, took some naps, painted some pictures, DANCED, listed to music, blew some bubbles and are practicing riding our bikes around here even more the last few days because of the nice weather! Whew!!!! Oh and I cut my bangs again too to top it all off. Wow it's weird how such a small change can make such a huge difference. I like them a ton but am looking forward to when they get a bit longer and I can do the swoopy thing. Wow, I just got side tracked there.

I really think March has been a great time for me to be here in the now. I'm not sure if I'm quite making sense, but I am just so happy every day to get to be, do, hear, say, enjoy the things I get to.

Katy is CRAZY fun. She is really becoming such a funny person. Her personality is really starting to come to. The other day I don't even know what I was doing and she turned to me laughing and said "Mom, you a crazy woman!" Yeah...that is exactly what I'm talking about. She is always yelling "this is so exciting" even when we are just vacuuming the front room. She finds such joy in little every day things. And just like the first presidency message says this month, you can pretty much find whatever it is you're looking for, Katy is helping me to find joy in the little things...like putting the soap in with the laundry.
Some things that make me laugh this month:
  • She is so INTO hide and seek. But don't try to count and have her hide...she needs to count. EVERY time. That's her favorite, she is a counter. On a good day she can make it to 20....skipping about 13-17. We usually try to sneak a game in before bed.
  • Another thing she finds so entertaining this month is our "donkey rides" to bed. I remembered when I was little my sisters and I would take turns "riding" on each others back while we "climbed" the mountain (stairs). I of course thought this was so funny when I remembered it, and had to try it. Sure enough she laughs her head off when I make my donkey wining all the way up the stairs!
  • Every once and a while she'll tell us that she doesn't like kisses. Whatever Katy, you are not going to pull the "too cool" card on us yet. I am starting to think it has something to do with Steve's kissy monster! I think that one is pretty self explanatory!
  • She still tells me every day that her favorite color is pink, but purple has been making a pretty strong pull to be number one around here.
  • She is still SUPER into anything princess. Especially Tangled!!! She tells me every day that she is a princess. I started asking her, "Well what does that make me?" We have since determined that I am the Queen, Steve is the King and Chuck is the Royal Dog. I'm not quite sure what that means..but I think Chuck would be ok with the title.
  • Still no poop on the potty. But she's been trying more...so I guess that is a step in the right direction :)
Today we had so much fun blowing bubbles.....

Washing cars, and riding bikes.....

What am I going to do with this hair? I think it's time to start practicing french braids? We will have to go have a lesson with Aunt Katie!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I stumbled on your blog a while ago and have to keep coming back. Your little girl is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. Glad life is going well for you.

Randi said...

I love her face in the 2nd to last picture!

Rosie said...

So I think we are music soul mates. Every time I look at your blog I'm always serenaded by all my favorite bands that I forgot about ;) ahhhh.

Anonymous said...

Great items from you, man. I've take into accout your stuff prior to and you're simply too magnificent.
I really like what you've bought right here, really like what you are stating and the way through which you assert it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it sensible. I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a wonderful site.

My weblog :: france map travel times