Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Party Time, EXCELLENT!


If there is one thing you need to know about Team Beardshall....it's that your birthday is your very own personal national holiday! That's right! I celebrated mine on Sunday. I still think birthdays are fun but am feeling that I am getting up there in years (I kid, I kid)....only because Steve's internal age clock keeps telling him that he is turning 23 again. And after hearing that for the past 6 years it kind of hit me that I am 28 this year. Not that I really am old but that I feel old compared to 23....like Steve always says.

I always wonder if I'm going to wake up one day, look in the mirror and not recognize how old I've gotten. Do you ever wonder that? Because we see ourselves every day....I can't imagine that we'll be able to tell if we are really getting older. I imagine that it will just happen.

I was working at the University of Utah hospital a few years ago. When I was in the bathroom there I noticed that I had some grey hairs. It was a kind of weird thought, to have grey hair. I remember calling my mom and telling her this information. My Grandpa Christopherson didn't grey for years...I still remember him having pretty dark hair. So I have good genes on that side. My mom quickly informed me that they must be blond hairs I found because she didn't start greying until "I was at least 30!" Something about talking to your mom puts things into perspective for ya...but I was pretty convinced that she was trying to make me feel better about the whole grey hair thing. Last I checked I have fairly dark brown hair! So alas I exited the bathroom and had my co workers confirm that I, in fact, had grey hair! (I like to think that my crazy school/work schedule and stress of an internship contributed to that, thank you very much!) For my birthday that year my friend Adriana picked me out the perfect birthday card and had all my co workers sign it. I still have it, but will have to find it to tell you exactly what it said. I can tell you that it was a tribute to my grey hair...and it had a grey colored cat on the front!

I had a great weekend....we went skiing, got to hang out with my family at TJ's baptism on Saturday during the day, went out to dinner with Roger Joanne RaNae and Ken on Satruday night, and got to hang out and see the rest of Steve's family on Sunday night for a big family dinner.

Also Steve is AMAZING and is letting me get family pictures this year when we are in California with the incredible TARA WHITNEY!!!! I am seriously counting down the days. I think I have a girl crush on her :), and I could spend hours looking at her work. This is an extra special present because Steve is not usually the biggest fan of getting his pictures in the first place...so that will act as an added bonus!

And after the ski instructor commented on my "vintage" skis on Friday and called me ma'am...I guess I am getting older. I feel happy. I feel unsure. I feel random. I feel scared. We'll have to see if any more of my "blond" hairs make an appearance this year. I just like to think that they will help add to my own "vintage" feel! Until my next national holiday!

3 comments:

Britney said...

Woot! I'm sooo excited for you! What a great, awesome, totally amazing gift. You deserve it! Can't wait to see what she captures of your family, its going to be epic! :)

Happy Birthday!

Ellingson's said...

Happy Birthday Amy! We really should get together & celebrate!

Randi said...

Join the club!!! ha ha only kidding you still look and act andfeel young so you'e good. happy birthday ma'am ;p