Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Put some WINDEX on it!

Yes I realize that this lovely photo is totally backwards (thanks to my photobooth), but so is the fact that Katy has been watching too much of My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

Ok, let me start over. We had run out of electronic wipes to clean my computer....Steve is kind of a freak about electronics so I need to keep mine clean. Well I was using some windex sprayed on a towel to clean it off. For some reason I didn't think to put it away and went to empty the dish washer. Well you can imagine how horrified I was when I looked over and Katy was spraying my computer. "I cleaning mom!" She was so proud of herself. I just about cried when I saw that because she was not really spraying the screen it was just dripping profusely onto my keyboard! I quickly wiped it off and thought to grab my can of compressed air I had recently used on my sewing machine. It seemed fine....the track pad was working. I decided to leave it out to dry.

Well when I got home I tried to log into my email and was not happy to find when I typed amy that I got amerty! The Y key was wacked and was typing erty instead. Steve said that it was probably going to be a big expense to fix. He kept reminding me that he was going to be able to give me crap because I give him crap all the time.

What about? Well when Steve decided to sell the iMac to buy a new iPad I was okay with that because he said he'd share his Macbook Pro with me. He had this thing all of two months when he left it on the roof of his car and drove off! He realized what he had done and drove back (all in a matter of 5 minutes), it was GONE! We were notified by AT&T that our data plan was almost used....and we didn't have the iPad! I can only imagine that someone saw it happen and picked it up, LUCKY son of a gun! To make a long story short Steve opted to replace it with a new Airbook (the cheaper route....NOT), but quickly realized he missed his iPad and got one of those too, for Christmas! Hey not fair that you can work tons of overtime to pay for all of that! Do I get overtime for extra laundry and the dishes?

Steve gave me the Macbook Pro with the agreement that I would be super "anal" in cleaning the thing with his special electronic wipes all the time!

Ha Ha...kind of a funny story, not really but kind of. We took it down to the gateway and they determined that since we had purchased it less than a year ago and they could not confirm the water damage (they seriously have things in your computer that will change colors if they come in contact with water so they can tell if you are lying when you say "it just stopped working"), they would replace the keyboard for free. I guess in a way we are lucky that it was Windex and not water and that I used my compressed air, because nothing got shorted out! Oh and that saved me 755.00! And Steve cant give me a hard time because my mistake didn't cost us anything. I guess I am a lucky son of a gun too!

So my friend Jena reminded me today when the dad on Greek Wedding put's windex on everything and said that Katy must have been watching this too much! I agree! Moral of the Story.....don't think because your kids are sweet and innocent they wont use that Windex every now and then! I cant wait to get it back because I have some cute pics to post. I am thinking that we will be reunited sometime by weeks end!

1 comment:

Jena said...

So cute! I love your blog and the way you tell stories! We should go out again sometime soon!