Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Looking for the good...

I am in love with the First Presidency Message from President Uchtdorf this month!

"Have you ever noticed that people can usually find whatever they are looking for? Look hard enough, and you can discover both good and bad in almost anyone and anything."

How true is that. I truly believe that I try to see the good in all things, but reading this message really hit home how lucky I really am. I was thinking how we were not planning on staying in our home for more than five years...as it was a starter home...and how we have lost so much on it because of the economy. It's looking more and more like we will be here for quite a bit longer than we had anticipated. But in the same regard....we live in an AWESOME neighborhood and have GREAT neighbors. We love everything about being here, except that we were not expecting to still be here :). Because we have no control over the economy and how it will all play out we are happy to know we live in a nice, safe area. What's not to like about that?

And what's not to like about mis-matched bedding? Hey, another reason I love o'clock church!!! Actually I am totally being sarcastic here, but we were fortunate enough for Katy to take a nap before church this particular day, Steve was still actually sleeping! Don't worry all my bedding matches when my bed is made. Steve refuses to sleep under anything but the blanket I made him a few years ago. And you've got to love that Katy and Chuck are sharing a pillow! What do you do....just look for the good! I LOVE my family!

4 comments:

Alesha said...

I so love that her and chuck are sharing a pillow! SO CUTE!

Randi said...

classic picture!

Lance and Em said...

I love that article too! THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL! Cute post and very, very cute bedding... love the blue!

melynda said...

ok i didnt even see the dog. how cute!!