Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Big 2-3 again!

I am seriously starting to loose track of how old I am, because Steve keeps telling me every year that he is turning 23 again. Does anyone else think that would age you if you had to add six years to that?

Needless to say that is one of the things I love most about Steveo - he is random. I guess that is a good way to put it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was thinking today....as I made Steve get up at the crack of dawn to come to another race, how he never complains that I make him do so much for me. He comes to picture shoots with me, he picks up milk on his way home at the crack of dawn...even when he needs to get up early the next day, he even picks up tampons for me at the store when it was the only thing that I forgot to get earlier (not his favorite for sure), how he grew his hair out for me even though he thinks he looks tougher with it shaved. He always just smiles and says that he likes it. I guess what I am trying to say is that even though I completely know how lucky I am, sometimes I have to remind myself not to take if for granted how wonderful Steve really is. Not to take for granted the fact that Steve is the best thing that ever happened to me!

Hopefully this year was another great national holiday. We have been celebrating for about a month and a half now! He got a winch for his jeep a month or so ago in preparation for our upcoming Moab trip. Somehow those birthday presents seem to show up attached to his car even before the actual national holiday! Katy and I decided that he needed a new U sweatshirt to open (on his birthday), which he loved.

We were also lucky enough to meet Steve at work and go out to dinner with him and Ken and RaNae. Thanks again, we had a BLAST! Even though we had to eat at 10:00, Katy was in fact delusional by then! All in all it was another great national holiday! Hope your 23rd year is another great one for you Steve!



1 comment:

Britney said...

That's funny. 23 is my eternal age as well. :) Happy Birthday Steve!