Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ye Ha

You know it's that time of year.....when the stink of cow dung and a chicken coop are in the air! It's time for the Utah State Fair kids! What's not to like about the fair? Seriously? It's my favorite place to laugh and people watch the whole year. This year was no doubt another one for the history books.

I guess I didn't think to take a picture but the part that made me laugh the most was another Katy moment. There was a Be Ready Utah area where they talked about being prepared in an emergency. Of course we had to check it out. They had a BEE mascot walking around with a big sticker that said "Bee Ready Utah" and had a picture of himself on it. Katy was less than pleased when he approached her to give her one. We grabbed it and said thanks all the same. We put it on her jacket. All we heard was "BLANKIE!!!" because you know that is what she says when she is scared. Well later that afternoon she looked down at her jacket and screamed "BLANKIE" again because the mere sight of the bee scared her again! Needless to say we took that off. Thanks anyway!!!! Ha!

Probably the most exciting thing for Katy was all the animals. A bit shy at first.....

But she warmed up after a minute....

She was pretty excited as you can see. We had to laugh because the goats kept trying to eat Katy's pony tail and jacket!

She also was amused by this guy....

But not so much by the crazy pig that was going absolutely nuts!!!! Truth be told I think he may have been in heat....too much info. He was pretty scary though. She actually thought most of the animals were scary when they made any kind of sound. She was scared again when the cows were moooing (is that a word?)

She did like the baby pigs though. Ahhhhh, aren't they cute? I think of Babe every time I see one of these guys. I have to laugh when I think that this was the only animal that had to be kept in outdoor tents because they smell so bad! Now you know why pork is not my favorite....cute and smelly!

Yup, another successful year at the fair!

Yeeee Haaaa! Until next year! Oh there is that sticker that caused so much grief! Don't worry Katy is not as big of a wuss as I portray her as!

2 comments:

Britney said...

I heard the bee story already and it made me pee my pants to read it again. so funny and sad all at the same time.

Um...I don't think a boy can be in heat? Isn't that only girls???

Heidi said...

Love, love, love the goat pictures! Thanks again for last night! You are seriously the best!