Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Provo Half Marathon

I stole this pic from Suzies blog by the way....thanks!

What do you do if you are feeling like you are totally burned out from races this year? Run another one! Ha. Nicole and I signed up for this one after the Ogden. It was so funny to hear ourselves talk the weekend of:

Nicole- I don't know about this one Amy.
Amy- You're tellin' me, do you think we're ready?
Nicole- probably not.
Amy- Have you been training hard?
Nicole- Not really.
Amy- Sounds better than me!
Nicole- Are you burned out from races?
Amy- Yeah!
Nicole- Let's do it!

I think in a way when you have so many races to run it's easy to feel like you are always running and never really train hard for one thing because you are always "training" for something. Surprisingly, we were eating our words when we were on the trail.

Nicole- I am feelin' pretty good.
Amy- Me too, this is so fun!

We were lucky enough to run with Suzie too, she is so AWESOME. One of my first running buddies and inspirations. This girl has lost something like 70 pounds running in the last year or so! Too cool. She did great too....we helped her to get her best time too. Pretty good huh?

Ha, I wont tell you our time because it was a bit longer than our Ogden Half of 2:20.

Now we need to beat our Ogden time! What now? Let's run the Halloween Half in Provo! Ok!
Our next adventure awaits. Nicole said that she would consider running the Ogden Marathon next May with me (Yeah, I'm seriously considering this. I want to check it off my bucket list) if we run it in 2:15 or less. So that is the goal. Only time will tell!

The highlight of the race? When a deer was letting people pet it like a dog and jumping up on people! Go figure! Oh and watermelon and pan cakes at the end! Yum!

***Shout out to Steve for waking up early and meeting me at the end. He's the BOMB, thanks for your support lovie!****

3 comments:

Randi said...

fun stuff! glad I am not the only one that kinda drags and then decides to do it anyway! hey I just might see you at the halloween half!

Suzie said...

YAY! You and Nicole ROCK!
Thanks for pushing me harder than I would myself...
It was a blast!!!!!!

melynda said...

whats this halloween half? is it down hill?!! you guys rock, i am still scared to do a half. when i do one, i want to do it with you guys:)