Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ummmm....scary!

A view from my backyard......um, scary! I walked out of my house this afternoon to go to dinner at my in-laws and I saw a huge puff of smoke. It was crazy. I totally lost my cell phone (it was found, more about that later) and got a call from my sister-in-law Robyn at my in-laws before I left to come home. She wanted me to know that 14000 S and south had been evacuated. I'm not quite that far out....truth be told I'm technically in Riverton. Nice night not to have a phone tonight! Anywho....after I got home I couldn't see anything. I guess I'm too close to the mountain??? About 10 minutes later this is what I saw out my window! This thing is moving fast. I hope we can get it under control soon.

Somehow I don't think I'll be running tomorrow morning with my buddies because of the air. We'll see what happens tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I KNOW! I'm FREAKING out. My best friend and her family live at 13400 south and 6000 west. They are all packed and ready to go. 3 blocks away has been evacuated. We're all ready for some extra house guests tonight! :( Stay SAFE!

Heidi said...

That's awful!