Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homemaking Craft Day Extravaganza!

Yup, you heard me right. Britney and I had a Homemaking Craft Day Extravangaza! Actually we were just looking for an excuse to get together maybe.

We were getting together to get ready for an upcoming birthday and Christmas. Britney has the cuttest pattern for a basinet for a baby doll. I have been trying to decide what to do for Katy's birthday and decided that she is really at a point that a baby doll would be a great idea for her. So now I need some baby accessories. We had great plans to get more done but you can only do so much when you have a houseful of crazy kidos running around!

Here is how the day went:

Even though Katy and Brynn seem to have a love hate relations ship most of the time....this was a loving moment. I had to document that for sure! "Cummon Katy, hold hands"

Britney whipped out her pie making skills and made us home made peach pies. She humored me and let me make mine too......

Until I wasn't doing too great of a job rolling out my pie crust. She happily obliged and helped me when I asked for it. So I really cant take credit for this beaut!

Yum, Yum!

Sewing went well.....well except until I cut out my pattern wrong! We made it work. Ha, measure twice cut once! That is so true.

But it turned out great any way. Here is my finished product.

Brynn sure liked it. She snatched that thing up so fast! I think we will have to be more sneaky when we are trying to make presents for our kids next year! Next up.....diapers and a diaper bag, perhaps even some accessories! We'll just have to wait to see what takes shape next!

I think Katy's part was all the animals. Brynn's cousin Marin came over and showed us her new cat. Katy was smitten! Not sure the cat enjoyed being poked in the eye!

Or squished to death! But Katy sure liked it!

And of course we got to see our favorite dog aside from Chuck....Chase. I am seriously going to steal him one of these days. He is so sweet!

And lastly Gage and TJ always seem to find interesting ways to entertain themselves! Ha!

All in all it was a great day. Thanks Brit, cant wait to do it again soon!

2 comments:

Britney said...

Fun pictures, I may need to steal a few. Did you like the pie? Thanks for coming up. You are welcome anytime! It was so much fun.

Heidi said...

Your doll bassinets are so cute! Where's your pattern from? I like that one better than the others I have seen.