Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dirty Dash

Does this picture sum up this post or what??? Well when Holly told me about the dirty dash I didn't really know what to think about it. Then my whole neighborhood was doing it so I decided to get a team together.

What is the Dirty Dash, though, really? Well take a look folks:

It's a 10K through the mud, yes the mud! This picture really doesn't do it justice though. This was the hardest race that I have even done! You think you're in decent shape and then you run this and feel like you are going to die! I guess it's good to be humbled now and then!

What are we doing? There were a lot of teams that dressed up. We were lame and just decided to wear things that we could chuck. My outfit consisted of my beautiful soccer shorts I got from my sister-in-law Robs when she was getting rid of them. Let me tell you they are so comfortable, but Steve reminds me every time I wear them that it looks like I am wearing a diaper! Until I saw this picture I wasn't sure what he was talking about. I am eating his words now as I am looking like I am wearing a diaper! When he saw what I was wearing before we left, he was tried to make me take them off until I reminded him that I was going to chuck them afterwards! Then he was all for it!

We started out on a huge hill of mud. I was so suprised that my shoes didn't pop off! They were getting sucked down into the abyss of mud!, then it was the 3 1/2 foot high hay bails...this is when the legs began to feel like jello, we then enjoyed the tunnels, followed by 5 foot 2x4 walls we had to scale, then a tire ally, a huge field of sulfur mud....stinky, a huge slip and slide and finally a mud pit!

We were laughing so hard when we would randomly look at each other and have mud in our teeth! I was later reminded by Steve that it probably was more than mud....and that's when I remember seeing all the huge cow pies and when we were going through the sulfur mud I'm pretty sure it was laced with duck poop! EWWWW! Considering this later, I am very grateful that Steve was still willing to give me a kiss...after I brushed my teeth!

Here we are making the final sprint for the finish!!!!! This was right after the huge water slide. That was probably my favorite part. The hill right after though is where I ate it several times. Can you break your butt cheek? Because I landed on mine so many times I think mine may be broken!

Steve stopped us to take a group photo.

Then we finished in the mud pit! Steve said it was so sick to see people go through here. He said that people came through in waves and when no one was going through it all sorts of questionable things were settling at the top! He also mentioned that a lot of people were limping across the finish or being carried by there teams. Maybe they brook their bums too!

And the finish! We opted for a superstar pose! My team consisted of my neighbor Randi, Holly's neighbor Michelle.....who had a baby C-Section style 2 months before!!!!!, me, Holly and Melynda. I couldn't have asked for a better team, we had a BLAST!

Katy just kept wanting a hug and didn't get why I wouldn't give her one! Steve is incredible, he was so great to come up and be our unofficial team photographer! Probably didn't even get 5 hours of sleep before. You are incredible Steve, thank you so much for always letting me do crazy things and coming along to laugh with me about them!!!! I love you!

Good bye diaper shorts!!!!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

haha! LOVE it! What a fun event!!! I'm so glad we all got to do this. Sad I didn't get to see you there. Can't wait to talk to you about it!
LOVE all the pictures. Dirty girl! ;)

Randi said...

you're so awesome! thanks for running it with me it was a great time! let me get you a pillow for that bum!

melynda said...

yeah for the dirty dash! i loved it, thanks for letting me come!!

holly said...

Oh, that was good times! You broke your bumb? Sounds like you need more padding, mines fine.....

Ashley said...

that's funny, i saw that race on the news the other night and i didn't realize it was here in utah--for some reason i thought it was somewhere else. It looked fun, any reason to get all muddy is awesome....except i might have really worn a diaper, i don't know if i want all that mud in my nether regions:)